What is cooking? Oilless Okra Soup!


I know there are so many ways of preparing okra soup (Nigerian soup) but I'm going to show you how I make mine without adding oil. Believe me when I say it comes out yummy regardless of the exclusion of palm oil. Growing up my mom used to make this delicious soup with palm oil or sometimes mixes it with ogbono. Since my new lifestyle of eating healthy meals, I have learned to minimize the intake of oil. 

Ingredients

Okra
Chicken
Well spiced stock
Prawn or seafood
Fresh paprika pepper
Scotch bonnet
Bouillon cube
Onion
Salt
Garlic
Spinach or choice of vegetable preferably pumpkin


chicken and prawn okra
Seafood Okra

Preparation

  • In a pot, throw in the diced chicken, minced garlic, chopped onion, bouillon cube, and salt. Allow to cook for 15mins.
  • Next, you divide the okra into two equal parts; blend one part with fresh paprika, scotch bonnet, garlic and onion in a food processor to get a coarse texture while the remaining should be nicely chopped.
  • After cooking the chicken for 15 mins, add the blended okra, raw prawn (or seafood as per the third photo), and bouillon cube (Be mindful of the seasoning as the stock is already spicy). Bring to boil for 10-12 mins.
  • Lastly, add the diced okra and spinach or vegetable of choice. Simmer at low heat for 5- 10 mins.
  • Serve as soup alone or with oatmeal swallow.
Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox