Whole Wheat Couscous is Bae

Nutritious meals should not be boring! I never used to like couscous because I didn't just feel the taste. So, I decided to prepare it as if I was making fried rice to make it more appealing and tasty. I'm glad I did not write off couscous from my meal plan but rather made it a part of my clean eating choice. Although couscous has more carbs, it contains 6 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber which are needed for our daily nutrients. Nevertheless, portion control is highly recommended. This recipe is super easy and straightforward so ignore the plating as it's needed to draw your attention. lol! I call myself a healthy chef so it's essential my plating is top notch ( I wish!). To the experts, I'm an aspiring chef so forgive my presentation.


 So, for this recipe, you'll need:

  • 1 cup couscous 
  • 1/2 cup cooked kidney beans 
  • 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
  • 1 cucumber 
  • 1/2 cup baby peas 
  • 1/2 cup sweet corn 
  • 1 tsp black mustard seeds 
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrot 
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric 
  • 2 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1 onion1 bay leaf 
  • Pinch of salt 
  • Black pepper as desired
  • 1 bouillon cube 
  • Parsley for garnishing
A plate full of goodness👅😋


Preparation
  • In a deep frying pan, heat up the olive oil with black mustard seeds and bay leaf (not only does bay leaves and mustard seeds add flavour to meals, it has several nutrients). Then add the onion to fry a bit.
  • Add the chopped carrot, sweet corn, baby peas, kidney beans, chickpeas, salt, pepper, turmeric, and bouillon cube. Stir properly and allow to cook for 10 mins.
  • While the veggies are cooking, in a different pot, parboil the couscous with a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp olive oil for 10 mins.
  • When the couscous is cooked combine with the stir fry veggies, beans, and peas. Allow to fry for another 5 mins and the same time add the chopped cucumber.
  • Garnish with fresh parsley.
Viola!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox